* Stephen Morris had a very good season, and the coaching staff will have high expectations for him next season. Remember, Morris had back surgery following last season so he wasn't able to do much during the offseason in 2012. That won't be the case going into 2013.
* Duke Johnson is a special talent, but even better is the type of person he is. The coaches knew he was coming here at an early stage when he used to walk through the halls and point at different pictures and talk about being one of the best to play here. He'll obviously play a bigger role next season.
* He's very excited about the entire group of receivers coming back for next season. Rashawn Scott missed a few games due to suspension. Allen Hurns missed some time with injury. Davon Johnson was lost for the season. The only true freshman to finish the season on the field was Herb Waters. He likes all of them coming back, and singled out Jontavious Carter (not D'Mauri Jones) of the remaining redshirts who haven't seen the field yet.
* He credits Clive Walford's play at the end of the season as a big reason why the offense averaged over 40 points per game in November. He really creates a lot of problems over the middle of the field, something they didn't have for the first year and a half on the job.
* He has total confident in defensive coordinator Mark D'Onofrio. He says all you have to do is look at his body of work in the past. Golden says he, personally, made the decision with this young team that he'd rather outscore opponents this season just to make sure they were winning games. Stats on defense were misleading a bit because of it.
* A large number of the players on the field against Duke on Saturday weren't even on campus during the spring -- Curtis Porter (injury), Tyriq McCord, Deon Bush, Tracy Howard, and Rayshawn Jenkins were just some of them. Not only were those guys young but they simply haven't been in the program very long. He's very excited about the direction of the defense, and believes there are a lot of quality young players on it.
* A few of the assistant coaches hit the recruiting trail right after the game on Saturday. Others, including himself, came back. He held a team meeting the next morning and has been using the early part of this week to meet with each of the players on the team.
* Recruiting is going well, but it'll be a small class. "15 or 16" is the number he used for how many players they expect to sign. They'll have their first recruiting weekend starting this Friday, and then he'll be on the road for the next couple weeks, leading up to the Christmas break. And then he'll be on the road the entire month of January.