* After taking a break from camp activities last weekend, the Hurricanes will be back at it this weekend. Several hundred campers will work out in front of Hurricane coaches, so there's likely going to be some new offers going out early next week. We'll have those offers covered you for so stay tuned.
* One player who is in town and looking for an offer is Norcross, Georgia tight end Chris Herndon. At 6-foot-4 and 230 pounds, Herndon is being recruited by the Hurricanes and will look to impress the coaches this weekend. He was offered by Mississippi State recently, and they're his only BCS offer at this time. The Canes have only offered a few tight ends, mainly due to the fact that they signed some good ones in the 2013 class. Herndon is a player to watch closely this weekend. The fact that he's in town, on his own dime and trying to get offered indicates a high interest level in the Hurricanes.
* Speaking of Georgia players, one of the top pass-catching prospects in that state visited Miami today. "I had a great visit to Miami today," WR Terry Googer said. At 6-foot-2 and 210 pounds, Googer is set to participate in camp this weekend. He plays QB in high school but projects as a hybrid tight end at the college level. He claims the Hurricanes offered him back in the spring and this will give him a chance to likely earn a committable one this weekend. Vanderbilt, Ole Miss, North Carolina, and South Carolina round out his top 5 right now. All five have offered, and he plans to see all five this summer starting with this Miami trip.
* The Hurricanes are actively recruiting several Juco defensive linemen this year and one of them is Demetrius Campbell. At 6-foot-4 and 300 pounds, Campbell was heavily recruited in the 2013 class but schools ended up backing off when it was determined that he'd have to spend more time at JC. Things have changed again, and it's possible that he'll be eligible to enroll somewhere for the fall semester. Miami and Texas Tech will get July visits. If his grades check out, he'll become a legitimate option in the 2013 class. The Hurricanes are still hoping that Juco DL transfers Ufomba Kamala and Davonte Bond can gain admission for the fall semester as well.
* A few 4-star prospects were removed from the Big Board today. DL Jaylyn Holmes (Virginia) and DB Wesley Green (Georgia) committed to Ohio State and South Carolina, respectively. Both players had landed Hurricane offers in the spring. Another player who was offered but seems to have little or no interest is DE Lorenzo Featherson (NC). He visited both Florida State and Florida recently but didn't make it down to Miami. If a kid from NC visits Gainesville, going to Miami is only a few more hours. He didn't do that, which likely indicates a lack of serious interest in the Hurricanes.
A Georgia tight end is in town hoping for an offer. Another Georgia WR/TE is also in town and already has an offer. A Juco DL is set to visit Miami in the next few weeks. A few offered players committed elsewhere today. Read on for news and analysis on all that and more..
Read on for all the latest news and analysis on UM's recruiting efforts.