1. Clemson (5-0) -- A 35-point win at Syracuse was about what we expected from what's been the best team in conference so far.
2. Florida State (5-0) -- Maryland thought they had a chance. FSU had other ideas, winning 63-0 over the 25th-ranked Terps.
3. Miami (5-0) -- Georgia Tech jumped out to an early lead but the Canes showed why they're not middle of the pack here any more.
4. Virginia Tech (5-1) -- The Hokies continue to win. A 10-point home win over UNC wasn't terribly impressive but their defense is a big reason why they're now nationally ranked.
5. Georgia Tech (3-2) -- They got off to a fast start against Miami but simply couldn't keep up with the speed of the Canes in the second half.
6. Maryland (4-1) -- The Terps went into FSU unbeaten and ranked. And then got throttled by a much, much better team.
7. Syracuse (2-3) -- They were overmatched at home against Clemson -- but most teams would be. They've been middle of the pack all year.
8. North Carolina (1-4) -- The Tar Heels lost another close game. There can't be a better 1-4 team in all of college football right now.
9. Pittsburgh (3-1) -- The Panthers were off, and will be riding a three-game win streak.
10. Boston College (3-2) -- A 21-point win over Army at home was about what people expected from what appears to be a below average BC team.
11. Wake Forest (3-2) -- They handled NC State, and seem to be getting better every week.
12. North Carolina State (3-2) -- A 15-point loss to Wake Forest showed us what we saw the first few weeks of the season -- NC State is not a good football team right now.
13. Duke (3-2) -- The Blue Devils had an off week, as they try fixing their defensive problems.
14. Virginia (2-3) -- Another week, another blowout loss. This time it came at home against Ball State. Things don't look good -- at all -- for the struggling Cavs.