2. Miami (7-1) -- The Canes were able to do something Clemson wasn't -- keep it close against FSU deep into the third quarter.
3. Clemson (8-1) -- The Tigers continued to cruise with a huge win over the worst team in the league.
4. Virginia Tech (6-3) -- The Hokies suffered their second straight loss when they were upset by Boston College.
5. Georgia Tech (6-3) -- The Yellow Jackets turned to their defense in a 21-10 win over Pittsburgh.
6. Duke (6-2) -- The Blue Devils used a week off to prepare for a stretch run in what's been a good season for them.
7. North Carolina (3-5) -- The Tar Heels have now played three strong games in a row after winning at N.C. State.
8. Boston College (4-4) -- A week after getting blown out at North Carolina, the Eagles bounced back with an upset at home against Virginia Tech.
9. Maryland (5-3) -- The Terps had a bye week.
10. Syracuse (4-4) -- It was their defense that rose to the occasion and shut out Wake at home.
11. Wake Forest (4-5) -- A week after giving Miami fits, Wake was shut out by what's been a bad Syracuse team.
12. Pittsburgh (4-4) -- Their defense kept them in the game but Pitt didn't have enough offense to keep up with Georgia Tech.
13. North Carolina State (3-5) -- The Wolfpack's struggles continued in a home loss to North Carolina.
14. Virginia (2-7) -- The league's worst team took another beating, this time from Clemson.